Thursday, December 17, 2015

Phooey

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Dancer of Friendship

Not to put too fine a point on it, I stink at friendship. And the closer the proximity, the worse I am. The 'they are close, I can stop by tomorrow' syndrome.

I'm reminded by this card I think about the people I care most for a lot. And I never do anything about it. Phooey on me.

"Anyone wishing to communicate with Americans should do so by e-mail, which has been specially invented for the purpose, involving neither physical proximity nor speech." ~ Auberon Waugh 1939-2001

4 comments:

  1. You're a better friend than you give yourself credit for, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're sounding like me, Sharyn! I've become a real social hermit. My worst kind of visitor is a surprise visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, growing up, at least once a week, after the evening meal we'd all pile in the car and go visit someone. At night! In the dark! (pre-tv, it was their entertainment)
      If someone suggested that today I'd wonder what planet they were from. It was a lot of fun though, playing with other kids, one ear cocked to see if any of the adult gossip was interesting..

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn