Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Stasis

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Dancer of Fear

As a child and young adult I was painfully shy, a form of fear.
Over the years worry has come and gone, surely another form of fear. And I'm careful where I go walking, the media has assured me monsters lurk everywhere.

At base I think I can say I'm not a fearful person, more than likely based on impatience, as fear has a tendency to freeze us in place. Life is short, I haven't got time to waste in stasis.

 "Those who fear life are already three parts dead." ~ Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

4 comments:

  1. Being in stasis: what a profound way to define fear. This is exactly how I feel when i am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that is pretty standard reaction..

      Delete
  2. It would be nice to have an inner fear meter that went off when I was being anxious with no good reason. Of course it might end up being like my neighbor's car alarm that goes off all hours of the day and night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The #1 most universally alarm in the world..great analogy Ellen

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn