Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Stewardship On Our Shoulders

Daily Draw: Sacred Geometry Cards ~ Earth Prayers

In this card we are asked what our daily actions would be if we were in charge of the stewardship of Earth for the next seven generations. No handing off to governments, no hiding behind anyone or anything. That is a pretty big what if.

   Off the top of my head I'd do a better job of remembering my cloth grocery sacks when shopping anywhere.
   I'd make oil production a lot less profitable and recycling a lot more profitable.
   Wow, this is really a big question. My mind keeps coming up with things things that are judgement calls, rather than overall strategy. And without governing of some kind, the big things wouldn't get off the ground. Back to what we would do on a daily basis. If we all did it would it make a difference?
   This is a question seven generations of thought couldn't solve.

"Here we are, the most clever species ever to have lived. So how is it we can destroy the only planet we have?" ~  Jane Goodall 1934-

2 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of a day (way back) when I saw the window lights of the apartment buildings in the big city There were so many of them and I wondered if my being a vegetarian made any difference at all. This question was the first step towards eating meat again and becoming less ecological involved and aware.
    This has to change again some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we do seem to have "sister posts" today. Its always easy to solve the world's problems when its only in my head and not in real life!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn