Monday, January 18, 2016

Baldy

Daily Draw: Spiral Tarot ~ 3 of Swords

What do I grieve for?

I'm reminded by this card, I'm thrilled and grateful to still be alive but if I'm allowed a petty whine, I grieve for the loss of my hair. Four years out from breast cancer, I'm also four years on hormone blockers. There are a number of side effects, the most obvious is 1/3, maybe even 1/2 of my hair is gone. A real pain in the patootie. As of about an hour ago, it is all about 1/2" long. That aught to fix it's wagon...

"Better a bald head than no head at all."



1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize how much our hair defines us until my head was shaved when I was hurt in 2012. And because I had a severe scalp wound I had to have my head shaved and the rest was trimmed to the numb for the better part of a year, so I can sympathize. I can only hope you are not born under the sign of LEO for to lose part of your mane would be devastating. Be Well.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn