Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cleaner And Simpler

Daily Draw: Spiral Tarot ~ 5 of Cups

In a world where it seems we are under a magnifier 24/7 our emotions are often raw. When I was a child the world was our community, where occasionally something bad would happen, and the six o'clock news. When news was news and not a junkdrawer for faux celebrities.

I'm reminded by this card, poised between tragedy and the unknown, the world wasn't a kinder place then, our parents were teens during the Great Depression and our fathers fought in the deliberate blood bath of WWII. But the total immersion in both useless and disturbing minutiae of the world today is creating a mutation of personality and spirit, bent on showing our worst side. Those 2 Cups as yet unfound won't be enough to stop the world slide, but it might be enough to make our own life cleaner and simpler.

"Our family was nearly torn apart on several occasions by arguments started when the refrigerator door was open for what my father deemed as too long." ~ Weston Locher

4 comments:

  1. I like that observation. In the RWS the individual can't seem to drag her/himself away from the loss. In your card she is giving the loss the heave-ho. When we don't continue to focus on the negative we/I can turn and keep the good things in our lives and that might be enough to sustain us and get us through the dark time. Simple is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. When I was negative I didn't know I was and how much self harm I was doing in all areas of my life. Once I figured out how to turn about my thought processes and habits, life got a billion times better. The only down side is you can recognize a negative thinker at 1000 years :)

      Delete
  2. I fully agree. I try to keep my life as "clean and simple" as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it isn't easy. Much easier to be sucked the other direction, because "everyone is doing it"

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn