Saturday, January 16, 2016

Collecting Collections

Daily Draw: Harmonious Tarot ~ 2 of Coins

This type of daisy is an invasive weed in livestock pastures here, cutting the value of both grazing land and harvested hay or alfalfa.

I'm reminded by this card, just because something is pretty or costly, it doesn't automatically equal value. For years half of my income came from parting out personal estates on Ebay. It was fun, but the biggest thing I got out of it was curing me of collecting anything just to own it.

"I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it." ~ Steven Wright 1955-

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what the psychology is behind collecting... a sense of security perhaps? Or maybe we're chasing happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's start collecting smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn