Sunday, January 10, 2016

Combine Or Cut?

Daily Draw: Harmonious Tarot ~ Temperance

"To mingle or combine together at the appropriate time." Spiritual Tarot, Thomson.  That could just as easily be "to cut away or discard at the appropriate time" couldn't it?

I'm reminded by this card of my ruthless streak and not always knowing if it needs to be tempered. I'm considering a huge cut by today's social standards. I can do it without a backward look, am only waiting because somewhere some tiny part might be useful, something I haven't realized or recognized yet.

"The sacrifice which causes sorrow to the doer of the sacrifice is no sacrifice. Real sacrifice lightens the mind of the doer and gives him a sense of peace and joy." ~ Mahatma Gandhi 1869-1948

This week's deck is the Lo Scarabeo Harmonious Tarot 2005, based on the art of Walter Crane, with tarotization by Ernest Fitzpatrick.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of old saying " no good deed goes unpunished"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now I like Gandhi's take on sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn