Thursday, January 14, 2016

Golden Mean

Daily Draw: Harmonious Tarot ~ 4 of Wands

I'm not surprised this young man's story has drawn praise, but hate? He paid off his mortgage in three years, living frugally. Would be harder with children, quicker if a couple were willing to do it.  But absolutely yes, we can be debt free if we put our mind to it.

I'm reminded by this vine covered cottage, anything worthwhile is worth working toward. On the other hand, having had uber-frugal in-laws, tightwad can turn into the whole of a life style based on skinflintiness.  Oh for that golden mean in the middle. What do we really need besides shelter, food, and love?

"I fantasize about the hospital
The army, asylum, confinement in prison
Any place where there's a cot to clear my vision" ~ That Black Bat Licorice, Jack White

3 comments:

  1. I understand there are people who are stretched already to the breaking point - frugality is their way of life. But it seems a shame not to give this guy a pat on the back, and let his story inspire those who have those choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking the middle path is good enough for. I don't believe in extremes anymore. I used to be a strict vegetarian but I discovered I missed eating meat once in while. So what...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this is you finding your younger brother, the knave you drew yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn