Sunday, January 31, 2016

Personal Best

Daily Draw: Art of Life Tarot ~ Justice

Pretty sentiment.

Cynicism set aside, some simple recent goodness.
A boxer at Costco found Rob's wedding ring, just picked it up and handed it to him. We'd have never known where it went.
I've been writing letters of enquiry, trying to be proactive about my vision loss. So far none of them have been ignored, all have been answered promptly.
I don't believe in karma or personal justice, but I do believe in living each day as my personal best and recognizing I'm not in charge of anyone else's best. I can be true to that.

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." ~ e.e. cummings 1894-1962

Art of Life Tarot, by Charlene Livingstone, published 2012 U.S. Games Systems

5 comments:

  1. to become who you really are is lifetime job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that most people are really decent human beings. We forget that sometimes. I used to believe in karma, but when I got sucked up in the tornado and then lived to tell the tale, I have mixed feelings on karma. Mostly I have to think does anyone need to be punished to such an extent? Maybe scolded a bit, but outright catastrophe? I am glad to hear that you are getting the information and feedback you need to help you through your next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people are decent when that is their only choice.
      History shows over and over, allowed to be horrific, many go at it with a vengeance.

      Delete
  3. What a relief to know I'm not in charge of anyone else's best but my own. Hope you get some helpful advice in your proactive quest, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is easy to forget that, I've found when I'm being most judgemental, worrying about someone else's justice, it is because I'm ignoring some pretty big danger signs about myself.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn