Thursday, January 28, 2016

Repent At Leisure

Daily Draw: Lover's Path Tarot ~ 4 of Cups

Unions have many glues, not all based on love.
Isolde married Mark for status and wealth and repented in leisure, pining for Tristan.

I'm reminded by this card power and money can be powerful aphrodisiacs. Nothing wrong with that, we are none of us one dimensional in our attractions. But at some point we'll be going home with our choice, and behind closed doors another life exists.

"Regret is an odd emotion because it comes only upon reflection. Regret lacks immediacy, and so its power seldom influences events when it could do some good." ~ William O'Rourke 1945-

3 comments:

  1. Mistakes, I've made many. Regrets, I have none because at the time I thought I had made the right choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I didn't "go home with" some of the dalliances in my youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supposedly I have gotten older and wiser, but I am still of the mindset of "Show Me The Money." Now it is maybe more "Put Up or Shut Up."

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn