Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Straighten Up

Daily Draw: Elemental Tarot ~ 6 of Cups/Water

Emotional Wellbeing. Years ago I watched an Oprah show during which a guest stood up and said yadayada dysfunctional family. Oprah stopped them and said "everyone's family is/was dysfunctional..now, what's your problem".

I'm reminded by that show, and this card of wellbeing, and my 2016 word Adapt (although I keep thinking of it as Adept) to recognize we make our own life, and many of us make a right dogs dinner of it until we get our act in gear. I don't consider my childhood dysfunctional at all, but I've made my adulthood so, in many ways. One place it is never to late to adapt changes, to straighten up and fly right.

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." ~ Henry Ward Beecher 1813-1887

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I straightened up about three and a half years ago. Still maintaining posture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that from my side of the monitor, well done, particularly since you felt so unwell at the time. Maybe sometimes we straight up and then outrun... thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

      Delete
  2. "We make our own life." Truer words have never been spoken; those who are constantly miserable and frustrated just can't seem to grasp it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn