Thursday, February 11, 2016

Achievement

Daily Draw: Gong Hee Fot Choy ~ Achievement

House of Achievement: King of Clubs/Wands

Book wisdom: Achievement via art or schooling

Ah. Toughy. My art is quilting, in which I'm self-schooled as with everything else. I do it well, because each project I've chosen has been more difficult than the last. I've made dozens and dozens of sample projects over the years just to learn a technique, whether I ever used it in a quilt or not. I'm satisfied with my curriculum and progress.

I'm reminded by this bridge, which doesn't go up but across, that is what life is. We can work at being better, or we can just not cross the bridge at all.

"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." ~  Edmund Hillary 1919-2008

2 comments:

  1. Do it for the joy and satisfaction of doing. I never could sew, stitch, or crochet, just wasn't my thing, but I can and do appreciate the art of the weave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen anyone who was more self-motivated than you when you decided to learn about something. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn