Friday, February 19, 2016

Disguised As Hugs

Daily Draw: Merryday Tarot ~ 5 of Cups

Still not seeing what has now become two cups of Spirit behind him, our figure despairs, having lost what he sees as his all in the three cups before him. Or is it rather black depression, in which we see no hope anywhere?

I'm reminded by this card of 1990-1991. A perfect storm of situations that got me working out my first method of suicide. Obviously I didn't, time eventually beat it out of me. But I was there again 2013-2015, far blacker and deeper, no Cups anywhere I looked. There is no snap out of it turn around in this space. I know I'm not there anymore because I can see Cups of spirit all around me. Often disguised as hugs.

"It isn’t that they can’t see the solution. It is that they can’t see the problem." ~ G. K. Chesterton 1874-1936

2 comments:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn