Saturday, February 20, 2016

Knee Jerk

Daily Draw: Merryday Tarot ~ Elemental-Unicorn

A rather complicated card but at heart would like us to see any spiritual situation with insight and innocence. I take that to mean without predetermined dogma or open arms.

I agree wholeheartedly, but seldom do we come upon a new idea. We've had bits and pieces of this and that instilled or shoved into our brains so slowly it is difficult to know our own minds when presented with something new. This card reminds me to keep both heart and mind open. And stop the ingrained knee jerk reactions

"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900

5 comments:

  1. Sat with an 8 month old last night who just gotten glasses; she was the perfect model of this kind of openness and curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nephew who got glasses at six of sevenish. The doctor said he'd never been able to see further than an arms reach. Amazing how they can now fit glasses on babies. How do they know a baby needs glasses?

      Delete
  2. Maybe you need to go for a horse ride, or even a horse drawn carriage ride, to clear the cobwebs out and get a fresh perspective. You drew Pegasus the other day so I say go explore; sure a winged horse or a unicorn would be more fun, but they are so hard to find anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. horses and I never occupy the same space, although a few years ago I touched a horse on the nose to prove to myself I was brave enough to do it. I hadn't thought about drawing two horses the same week...the elementals apparently replace the pages in this deck.

      Delete
    2. Well there are always horses on a carasoule, but not many fairs and events going on to the ride the ponies. Heck I can't hoist my legs that high any more.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn