Sunday, February 7, 2016

Someone Else's Dark

Daily Draw: Gong Hee Fot Choy ~ Compass

House of Compass: 7 of Hearts/Cups

Book wisdom...Happiness. Indicates I should be happy. If downhearted, cheer up and pick up the happiness vibration, better days to come.

In other words, put a smile on it. Always my mother's response when my little brother was down. He has more reason than most to be discouraged and depressed and has fought to overcome it all his life. Today I will kick the blues to the curb and be grateful I don't have his problems.

"In the real dark night of the soul it is always three o' clock in the morning, day after day." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald 1896-1940

To celebrate Chinese New Year, I'm using the book Gong Hee Fot Choy Tells Your Fortune by Margarete Ward, soft cover 80 pages plus playing board, published by Celestial Arts 1982. Combined with my only deck of playing cards, the Tokai-Do 53, Landscape paintings of 53 train stations between Tokyo and Kyoto by Hiroshige Ando 1797-1858

8 comments:

  1. "Put smile on it" I have similar parental tapes on repeat in my head
    Gratitude is a good way to get the clock working again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny how someone else's hurt hurts us more than our own.

      Delete
  2. After reading your post about putting a smile on it, the first thing that popped in my head was my Father saying..."You want something to cry about, I will give you something to cry about."
    The old German heritage, stiff upper lip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too :) I've even heard myself saying it. Only to myself, but it is a (Y) kicker

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to see you using this deck again. The art is lovely.
    This reminds me of the phrase "Act as if," an encouragement to just keep doing what needs to be done until my brain catches up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever check out the places on each card?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifty-three_Stations_of_the_T%C5%8Dkaid%C5%8D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn