Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Apocalypse

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Radiant Sun ~ Organization

Mercury in Capricorn  in the 10th House
Change. Duty. Perseverance.

Apocalyptic novels do one thing well, show humans stripped of all comfort and tumbled in with strangers. Organizers quickly shoot to the top knob of the stick. Bad guys in destroyed cities living off the pickings, good guys in some kind of agricultural base. In the current one I'm reading the bad guys are government created eternal vampires with no organization at all.

I'm reminded by this card I think I like these books because they show there are always some good guys, people willing to be organized for the good of all. My cynical mind doesn't believe a word of it, but below there is a mind hopeful that under incredible pressure there really would be some good people.

"Organization is simply the means by which the acts of ordinary men can be made to add up to extraordinary results." ~ William Wickenden 1882-1947

7 comments:

  1. Our fascination with vampires. I remember watching Sammy Terry on Nightmare Theater when I was 11 and 12, kinda of vampy and funky vampire.
    We have to have the good and the bad, the light and the darkness so we know the difference, then it won't feel like a carousel ride of eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Shadows was our dish of cream in my teens. I bought the whole series about 10 years ago and watched it again. I liked it, although as a soap it moved at the speed of whatever is the opposite of light

      Delete
  2. I love those kind of novels and TV series too. But also to see how the earth takes back what was hers in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy)
      Justin Cronin
      This one is 900 pages, am 1/2 finished and story is still rolling along. I bought about 10 books at once for my kindle app, so when I started this one I thought it was an anthology as it seemed like the first 3 or 4 chapters had nothing to do with each other. Just setting up the plot...:) Right now there are about 100 people left 92 years into the end times. I can't imagine what is left for the next two books!

      I'd still far prefer paper books but they are pretty much beyond my eyesight now.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip! I think it will be my next book

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn