Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bowl Tossing

Daily Draw: Chinese Tarot ~ 10 of Cups

I was surprised to see this card, I didn't draw it at all in 2015, and only four times in 2014. This is Chung K'uei whose bowl tossing protects people from harm.

I wonder at what level of pressure/stress people generally put aside superstition or prayer and realize life is in no ones hands but their own.
I suppose most never get to that point. It is a very freeing place to be and far healthier. Accepting consequences of all our thoughts and actions changes the entire balance of life. Into a true 10 of Cups space.

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." ~ Marcus Aurelius 121-180 CE


4 comments:

  1. Superstition of prayer... for me a great difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian friends question my choice of secular Buddhism for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now he seems a jolly chap but he's going to wear himself out with all that bowl tossing. Reminds me that we can't look after anyone unless we look after ourselves first. Why does this lesson take so many of us women decades to learn?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn