Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Food For Thought

Daily Draw: Creatrix Cards ~ Treasure

Buried? Found? Lost? Destroyed? Created? Divided? Shared? Hoarded? Forgotten?

As I sweep through the house in search of KalamaQuilts Ebay fodder I'm often amused at what we thought was worth making room for. If I take the square footage of my home and divide it by current market value + property insurance + property taxes + maintenance, the result is what it costs per square foot to store something.

This card reminds me to release, let go, don't look back, use my ruthless streak to my advantage.

"I am like a book, with pages that have stuck together for want of use: my mind needs unpacking and the truths stored within must be turned over from time to time, to be ready when occasion demands." Seneca  4 BC – AD 65

Art by Melissa Harris

5 comments:

  1. it reminded me of just the opposite: Ariel's song
    Look at this stuff
    Isn't it neat?
    Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
    Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
    The girl who has everything?
    Look at this trove
    Treasures untold
    How many wonders can one cavern hold?
    Looking around here you think
    Sure, she's got everything
    I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
    I've got whozits and whatzits galore
    You want thingamabobs?
    I've got twenty!
    But who cares?
    No big deal
    I want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of used to think that way, at one point I didn't think I had just one of anything :) Having cancer twice cured me

      Delete
    2. Yes those life changing events do change our perspective

      Delete
  2. You're selling some of your quilts? Would you send me a link if you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a link to my listings http://www.ebay.com/sch/kalamaquilts/m.html?_trksid=p3692
      I'm not selling my quilts though, I'm sleepin' under them :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn