Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Slippery Slope

Daily Draw: Margarete Petersen Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

Any number of times in life we get bogged down, drug down into a morass of our own making, starting with a lie or a commitment we don't keep.

I'm reminded by this 8 of Cups the way out is usually even harder than the way in. Embarrassment or deep sense of failure being the result because we'd thought better of ourselves. Makes me blush to think of some of the results of my well meant actions and the clean up required. Hard Knocks from the School Of still reverberate if given the chance...

"People die because of microscopic viruses. So does character, our relationships and our self-respect when shameful actions are introduced to the bloodstream." ~ Ken Wert 1965-

3 comments:

  1. I have suffered those pangs of guilt. Not so much anymore. Since I was hurt I realized Life can change in an instant. Saying sorry for a wrong I committed was never easy in fact I would walk away a lot of times instead of dealing with it. Not now; I can say I am sorry when I know I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One benefit of growing older, our maturity and life experiences teach us it is easier to make something right than leave it wrong. when my little brother was working the AA program, when it came to step 8, every time he opened his mouth to try I was busy saying it doesn't matter, forget about it, let it go..that was a great disservice to him, I just didn't know what he was trying to do. It is a amazingly freeing step I'd guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be so much easier to hide in that pocket of shame than to climb out of it. But it does get quite suffocating in there after a time...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn