Thursday, March 17, 2016

Walls

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Radiant Sun ~ Speculation

Jupiter in Cancer in the 4th House
Gain. Support to and from. Attachment.

Gain..with potential loss. Giving to and receiving from family and friends. The attachments that bind us.

I'm reminded by this card we can't pick our family. We can pick our friends. The walls we build to keep people both in and out and why the speculation they are interested enough to even notice the walls? We worry far too much about what other people know and think. They are too busy working on their own walls.

"So Brother Matthew locked the gate behind me, and I was enclosed in the four walls of my new freedom." ~ Thomas Merton 1915-1968

3 comments:

  1. I forget who coined the phrase, "It is none of our business what other people think of us." We do get sidetracked and speculate what others make of us and the consequence is misery for ourselves. A life long pattern of trying to fit and conform. Maybe it starts trying to be a good girl for Mommy and Daddy. If it matters, I think you are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conforming..I was at the quilt shop for a few hours yesterday stitching along. The high school is near by and during their lunch hour about 30 kids went by in groups. Every single one of them was wearing black, don't know what that was all about :) But the make up of the little pods was so fascinating. Who was the leader, who was the outsider allowed in

      Delete
  2. "They are too busy working on their own walls."
    Now that is a reassuring thought.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn