Saturday, March 5, 2016

Wanted: Acorn, Sheep need not apply

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Spirit ~ Three of Coins/Earth

The right job, the right skills, right mind...we know when this is in effect because we are on fire. Zero indifference or apathy here.

I'm reminded by this card been there done that got the t-shirt does not apply. This isn't small stuff, but the reason for and joy of living.

"Think of the fierce energy concentrated in an acorn! You bury it in the ground, and it explodes into an oak! Bury a sheep, and nothing happens but decay." ~  George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950

5 comments:

  1. When we get to do what we really enjoy, it is no longer work. I like the mention of t-shirts. I have gotten a few of them through the years and would have appreciated something more than a t-shirt for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that is because we are always expected to do our best, and only poor work gets noticed?

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of Captain America's shield. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's thoth for you, takes you outside the ordinary and makes you like it...

      Delete
  3. I'll bet creativity expressed by quilting is your acorn :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn