Friday, March 25, 2016

Working Wall Of The Mind

Daily Draw: Creatrix Cards ~ Inspiration

This image is what I call the working wall of my mind. I have a flannel covered wall in my quilt room where I work out color combos, block placement, etc. Sometimes things will be there for weeks while I walk by and mull.

I'm reminded by this card of my Poppy wall quilt. I liked seeing it so much there I left it for about six months. Because it was just a top, unfinished, over time the applique bits haven't quite held their shape and the background needs pressed again. So I have to take it apart and press the backing, reshape the applique, put it all in place, and just 'git 'er done'.   The point of the story is it isn't inspiration at all if it isn't carried through...

"If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much." ~ Tom Krause 1934-

5 comments:

  1. If we wait for inspiration we might have to wait for a long time but if we just show up for the work, inspiration is bound to come by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creative side of things, the finishing up side not so much. :D
    I like the photos you've been sharing on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cards you are using this week - such wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No working wall at all today, guess I'm taking the day off :) I can't even decide what deck to use next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning. Didn't see your post yesterday and hope that all is well. Happy Easter. Everyone deserves their days off and away. Be Well

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn