Thursday, March 3, 2016

Zen And Stuff

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Spirit ~ 6 of Coins

Does what you give return seven-fold? The Thoth alignment seems to hold to that wisdom. This is the beauty of luck and harmony, our inner values manifesting on the plus side.

I'm not in that belief camp but I'm reminded by this card, just how easy it was to put our estate in black and white yesterday. Like falling off a log really. Try it, you'll like it. We started with zero, when we are gone it will be zero, how zen is that?

"Never in any case say I have lost such a thing, but I have returned it. Is your child dead? It is a return. Is your wife dead? It is a return. Are you deprived of your estate? is not this also a return?" ~ Epictetus AD 55-c.135

2 comments:

  1. I try to see the good in all circumstances when possible, but I don't think I could hold a candle to Epictetus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read that quote three times before I 'got' it. An amazingly practical outlook, following on stopping investing in the outcome, it will be what it will be.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn