Sunday, April 17, 2016

Ambivalent

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 2 of Coins/Earth

Dimmi: What makes you feel ambivalent?

Two subjects pop up immediately. Religion and politics.

They both create more bad than good but mankind doesn't seem capable of living without someone telling them what to do and how to do it.

"I need not present my actions, my words, myself for somebody else's approval. Basing my decisions on somebody else's approval only postpones what I really want." ~ Jan Denise

4 comments:

  1. But since they do good too, I hope someday the scales will tip to the other side

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true although some seem to manage it. There is a Unitarian church near me and they encourage individual freedom of conscience and will and rational thought rather than reliance on external authority. There is no list of things to believe and they are happy to take insights from art, science and everyday life. Sounds great but for the reasons you outline it is always going to be a small congregation...One notable Unitarian is Tim Berners-Lee inventor of the World Wide Web. That's what I call a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be ambivalent about anything I don't attach an emotion to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I come up against the debates of Religion and Politics all the time. Lots of people want to know where I stand and how I view the world. Now when they ask I just let my eyes glaze over and give them a blank look and they quit asking me questions.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn