Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Gold From Scraps

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ Ace of Wands/Fire

Dimmi: What creative plan are you beginning?

At base my eye problem is what I see is bent. At some point fairly soon I won't be able to cut fabric with precision. So I've been doubling down on pre-cutting 1.5", 2", and 2.5" squares from my smaller pieces of fabric and scraps. The quilts I make are scrappy so this plan is like having a bank full of money, creative-wise. I wish I had other quilters scraps too!

"The true joy of life is being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one ... being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown to the scrap heap ... being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish clod of ailments and grievances." ~ George Bernard Shaw  1856-1950

8 comments:

  1. You amaze me with your positive spin on planning for the future. Goodness knows I could send you a bag full of fabric bits and bobs if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anything cotton I'd be all over...

      Delete
    2. Didn't finish my thought train. I've been on the fabric wagon since 2001. So it is lovely to add something more current to the mix

      Delete
    3. Washing my bag-making scraps now... Still at the same P.O. box?

      Delete
  2. I suppose every quilter is very keen on their own scrap collection :) Maybe you could swap pieces of cloth with other quilters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your proactiveness is the balm of encouragement. You cannot keep a good woman down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. building up a bankful of creative resources is a lovely idea. My work consists of collecting and distributing words at the moment. You remind me of the pleasures of working with hands/tangible materials. Funny I didn't think of that in my post on craft today!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn