Saturday, April 9, 2016

Lump Coal

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ 6 of Coins/Spheres

Lump coal = fetus diamond. I think we were taught that in school. Turns out to be not true.

I'm reminded by this card our personal adaption, refinement, continuity isn't formed instantly. It is a lifetime process as nodes of anger, prejudice, love and peace are formed, honed, compressed into personal jewels, broken off.  We are what we am..a work in process. I can live with that.

"It is an immense loss to have all robust and sustaining expletives refined away from one! At moments of trial refinement is a feeble reed to lean upon." ~ Alice James 1848-1892

3 comments:

  1. A great choice of quote. I've been listening to poetry today and reflecting that there are/ have been so many excellent women wordsmiths. For the next month I'm going to set a target to only quote female writers in my blog. I think it will be easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! The result will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in the world did that idea come from about coal and a diamond I wonder? Sounds like a country song. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn