Monday, April 25, 2016

Miserable

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ Misery/Poverty

The lengths people will go to get something cheap or free.
The pervasive sense of entitlement to something not earned.
The blind belief government should provide, not seeing it is us picking up the tab.

I'm reminded by this card misery and poverty are often two different things, a state of mind and  a state of being.

"Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon." ~Woody Allen 1935-


3 comments:

  1. Good morning. Greed and the gimme, gimmie, gimmie seems more pronounced in sales. It is exhausting. You are right, so many want something for nothing; they are imprisoned by their greed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true there is objective poverty as a state of being and poverty as a state of mind/state of inflated entitlement. I don't know when or why the 'me, me me/freebie' culture started. Feeling content with all I have, it's a nice place to be!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn