Friday, April 1, 2016

Skimming

Daily Draw: Chinese Tarot ~ 5 of Coins

This card depicts a corrupt official being outed. He is certainly getting stuck in the rolling coins. Is there a nation that has incorrupt officials? I doubt it. It is too easy to get swept up in the daily deals when the paycheck barely covers expenses. If all the corrupt people were fired would it leave enough money in the exchequer to pay better wages? I doubt it, those at the top would reward themselves with a 15% raise.

I'm reminded by this card being cynical isn't necessarily the best place for me mentally, but history tells on itself. And faced with fixing, those who might try are overwhelmed in the end. The octopus has a million tentacles all skimming off the top.

"The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that the end justifies the means." ~ Georges Bernanos 1888-1948

4 comments:

  1. What I give to organizations/charities has drastically changed because of this. Frustrates the heck out of me that in many cases most of the donations go to "administration."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere that pessimism of the intellect is the motor for change. But the risk is we become dispirited. I suppose we need both pessimism and optimism or pessimists and optimists working on the world together - easy to say, difficult to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny, I'm only pessimistic about the human race. In all other areas of my life I'm an optimist.

      Delete
    2. Sounds pretty healthy to me :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn