Friday, April 8, 2016

Tireder

Daily Draw: Ananda Tarot ~ 7 of Wands/Flames

The wall in this image represents the sudden jerk we get with a life changing event. It sets us aside from the norm and we suddenly are faced with making decisions we probably aren't prepared for,

I'm reminded by this rainbow, most often we hear, 'it made  me a better person'.  And I don't doubt that is often true. Me, I want to throw a tantrum and shout 'take it back, take it all back'. I'm no better or stronger or wiser than I was ten years ago. Just tireder.

"Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied." ~ Douglas Adams 1952-2001

9 comments:

  1. I can't say my Life altering event 'made me a better person.' It was horrible and I will deal with the trauma the rest of these days. I will say that I would not wish my trauma on anyone else, so I have kept myself from saying "why me"











    I had a friend years ago that always said "Life's a bitch and then we die." There's more to it than that, but I can sympathize with you.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I was a secretary I had a pencil holder on my desk that said that. Then I did a gratitude journal for three years, and threw the pencil holder out.

      Delete
  2. I think you are but sometimes we need other people to tell us this. Ask Rob???

    ReplyDelete
  3. pity party :) feeling put upon. 30 minutes in the quilt room will cure that! I really do have a lucky life, and I am appreciative. 'Cept sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody is entitled on their "sometimes

      Delete
  4. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - er no not always. Did the person who coined that phrase stub their toe? But we do survive - it is absolutely necessary. This is why I like your concept of Sewvivorship! Hope the quilt room worked - would be nice to see some of your work on this site x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put some up one day on my KalamaQuilts blog.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to that x

      Delete
  5. Hmmm... Don't know that I got better by life's challenges, but maybe more appreciative of the simple things.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn