Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Do WHAT?

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ Fool

Every first day on every job we've ever had. Simple or difficult, we first have to absorb company policy. First paycheck job, Swansons. Bring Frankie fresh coffee and a clean ashtray. Ostensibly to get orders for the day. Never happened. She just liked a little recognition.

I'm reminded by this card a lot of company policies over the years ticked me off. A few I quit over. But it can never be said I had a boring work life. For my Tibetan Oracle exercise I came up with sixteen different job types. And if I run across anyone who is obviously experiencing first day horrors, I always tell them they are doing a great job.

"Everything I’ve ever done has claw marks on it." ~ David Foster Wallace 1962-2008


3 comments:

  1. It has been a long, long time since I started a 'new job'. Although I do start with new clients all the time and it is kind of the same. I have a lot of claw marks on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed quite a numbers of jobs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little praise goes such a long way. In my work life I sometimes tell people their work is excellent when really it is only good (a little white lie). Nine times out of ten they go on to produce excellent work...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn