Monday, May 23, 2016

Frivolous? Nay.

Daily Draw: PetraK Tarot ~ Ace of Coins/Discs

Did you ever play the game What Would You Do With $5000.00? In our 20s this would come up ever so often. We were all struggling newlyweds and that much money was deemed a huge windfall.

I'm reminded by this card in each decade of our life how differently we would have used this amount over the years. What seems frivolous now,  always seemed perfectly logical at the time. Today? I'd move my Grandma Pearl from her alone and lonely plot, to the family plot we've created at the Wynooche Cemetery. Frivolous? Never. Come on windfall.

"Do not assume that because I am frivolous I am shallow; I don't assume that because you are grave you are profound." ~ Sydney Smith 1771-1845

5 comments:

  1. It's never frivolous when you're doing something so completely unselfish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah...but it is selfish really. "I" want everyone together.

      Delete
  2. I just know that today is the day I hit the Jackpot! Show me the Money. Hope springs eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to buy a lottery ticket to win the jackpot, and I don't :) Did you know most lottery big winners usually go bankrupt? You and I of course wouldn't be that stupid. And I remember an Oprah back when we had TV where she had lottery winners in the audience. To a person they said no matter what they gave family it was never enough, and end the end they wished they'd never won because of the family grudging. People are so interesting!

      Delete
  3. Not frivolous but thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn