Monday, May 9, 2016

It's A Girl

Daily Draw: New Earth Tarot Deck ~ Page/Child of Cups

My hair was white blond and fell into natural Shirley Temple curls.
The cat was Fitzwilliam, Fritz for short, he loved soda crackers.
The bear was small, yellow and white, who lost favor after mother sent him through the wash, he smelled musty thereafter.
The tea party dishes were blue willow china.
My first grade teacher lived to break me of sitting on my legs.
The river in the background was the East Hoquiam.

I'm also reminded by this card I know how fortunate I was as a child.
I was never tied in the backyard for days with a broken arm.
I was never wrapped in plastic and shoved in the freezer with other frozen siblings.
I was never swung against a railroad car by my feet, to smash my head.
I never walked with my mother into a gas chamber.
I was  never left outside to die because I was a girl child.
My father was so excited the day I was born he came home and put the paper in the refrigerator, where mother found it a few days later when we came home.

"The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose." ~ Garrison Keillor 1942-

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I guess none of us(me and my siblings) were wrapped up and put in the freezer so - okay good for us. I remember laughing so hard food came out of my nose and the other sibs too. Thanks for a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That line about your dad and the newspaper made me laugh. What a touching post to share my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn