Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Limits and Expansions

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Ancestor of Boundaries

We begin to recognize boundaries from birth, when to eat, when to sleep. When to study, when to play. Early on rewards and consequences show up.

Then we spend the rest of our lives in the shadow of the auroch. Either drawing strength to carry on or to bull our way through and out.
My cards are an example. ooOoo sinful vodou devil yadayada.
Having cancer twice is another example. "I thought you were dead".
No belief in gods or heaven or hell is an example; relief and freedom for me, amazement and horror the general reaction. On the other hand we treat motel rooms with respect. You should hear the stories.
Drive within the law of the states we are passing though.  I know..weird isn't it? Perhaps at root all those expansions and limits are just self-image?

"Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect, they mark our limitations and our bounds." ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset 1883-1955

6 comments:

  1. That bull is on the move as you are. I hope that there is good news and information for you when you reach your Salt Lake destination. I am holding you in my good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe we are all limitless souls incarnated in a physical world full of bounderies

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to say thanks for being here - as a newbie i really learn a lot from you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is weird to think of all the rules and routines I follow without question until something makes me look at them through a different lens. Like your posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all for dropping by. I always say I write for myself, and I don't know where the words come from honestly. When I look up something here I'm often amazed at what I read...but I learn much more from all of you than I can say. Many outlooks equal a broader notion of the tides that move us all. thank you all for speaking up and saying hello, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn