Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May

Daily Draw: Rainring Cards ~ Beauty + Deflation

I was drawn to both these cards this  morning. The first because we are in the full blast of spring here. It couldn't be prettier and the weather has been perfection. If that doesn't put me in a good mood nothing would!

But behind that, is the angry woman. Me and my hair trigger temper. I gave a rictus grin when I saw her, because I'm very close to doing something basically irreversible which at it's base is cutting off my nose to spite my face. I'll look at the beauty and let the mad dissipate, what does it matter anyway?

"Good habits, which bring our lower passions and appetites under automatic control, leave our natures free to explore the larger experiences of life." ~ Ralph W. Sockman 1889-1970

3 comments:

  1. That Beauty card is just lovely. I wish technology would come up with the opposite of the replay (foreplay just doesn't seem like the right word :D), so we could see in advance where we would land because of our actions and words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It put me mentally on the dock at my sanctuary pond. The farm is sold now, but I had many happy hours sitting on the dock stitching and reading and thinking.

      Delete
  2. Nothing like a sunny day to chase those unhappy and dark thoughts away. Hope you got out and enjoyed the wonderful weather.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn