Friday, May 20, 2016

Pillage and Plunder

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Hunter of Conflict

Early armies were mostly a  matter of employment for a large portion of the population. Like pyramid building. Or gladiator games, always a good income, as long as you lived through it. Armies could be self sustaining too, pillaging and plundering, ships sending home the goods, bringing back payday coins of the realm.

Armies don't pay their own salaries now, they just suck the home economy dry to maintain high profits for arms dealers. The last time I saw someone sending anything home it was a M*A*S*H* character mailing a jeep one part at a time.  But still, the world seems destined to spin on conflict.

"Let me throw the bricks through the front window. You go in at the back and take the swag." ~ Ezra Pound 1885-1972

2 comments:

  1. AS long as people want to make war their are others making profit. So many people could be fed, clothed , educated and so on from this money

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that episode from MASH. Unlike the the Hunter of Conflict and going off to war, I don't have to go seek trouble, a lot of the time it finds me.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn