Sunday, May 8, 2016

Removing Bulk

Daily Draw: New Earth Tarot ~ 6 of Swords

Awareness, clarity of mind. The cards lately, at root, have been all about this. And my watchword of the year, adapt. I/we have made a lot of long term choices this year. Not because we set out to do so but because one decision leads to another.

I'm reminded by this card, if you  have a hill of rocks or a mountain of hay, when you start removing bulk, at some point the whole collapses and becomes another form. Or simply dissipates and is no long blockage but path.

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in." ~ attributed to Confucius  551-479 BC

New Earth Tarot, Art by Kate Silver, digest by Charlene KeLong. Self published 2012. Ancient and modern symbolism drawn from multiple traditions.  Suits are Mirrors/coins, Cups, Swords, Wands. Several majors have been retitled.

4 comments:

  1. I like adapt as you watchword of the year with the wisdom of one thing leads to another. I chose a animal totem for the year from the Druid Animal Cards, mine being Salmon this year; relying on instinctual wisdom. Happy Sharyn Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree decisions lead to decisions. Probably why I put off making them! But maybe it gets easier the more you do it? Blockages into paths I love. Great wordsmithing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they certainly do follow a theme.
    This reminds me of how you get your whole house painted: start with one window frame and you will feel obliged to paint the rest too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "No longer blockage but path" - encouraging words that motivate. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn