Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Strange Forest

Daily Draw: PetraK Tarot ~ Queen of Coins/Discs

DuQuette likens our Queen to a cross of Jane Austen and Joan of Arc. With a bit of Richard Nixon and Joseph Stalin. Plus Stephen Hawking and Catherine of Aragon. Wow.

I'm reminded by this card we are complex complicated creatures. No wonder we alternate from black hate, indifference, and fiery passion. All in a day.  We hardly recognize ourselves, let alone understand how someone else works.

"This is what I believe: That I am I. That my soul is a dark forest. That my known self will never be more than a little clearing in the forest." ~  D.H. Lawrence 1885-1930

5 comments:

  1. A very deep and dark thought but absolutely true. I wish I had the courage to stray from the trodden path and find out what was hidden in the dark. O maybe better stay safe and happy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akk...part of my adapting is to stop posting dark thoughts..and here I go again :)Sorry

      Delete
  2. I like to meet new people, but this Queen would not be one of them. I would never be able to figure her out or relate to all of her personalities. Whew, exhausting just to think of what to say to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be practicing my funny up and down run going away. But yet we are all those people and many more. Taking ourselves for granted seems a good way of never forcing ourselves to know ourselves.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love the aphorism to "Know thyself?" Heehee, that's enough material for a lifetime and more.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn