Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hobby Horse

Daily Draw: Native American Tarot ~ Temperance

This isn't a warrior counting coup, but a Hunkapi ceremony of binding strangers into friends, being sprinkled with water from the clay jar.

Let's get a cup of coffee; please stay for a cup of tea; the sun is over the yardarm somewhere. I haven't seen my mother in law in three years, I spent a lovely morning with her this week, during which a brother in law I haven't seen for five years turned up, a wonderful bonus. I wanted to see her as I know her before my bent vision makes strangers of everyone. Our temperance was decaf coffee, and well over my one per morning quota, but...it was a temperance inducing visit. I'm glad I went. Time I got off my ruthless hobby horse.

"With a fierce action of her hand, as if she sprinkled hatred on the ground, and with it devoted those who were standing there to destruction, she looked up once at the black sky, and strode out into the wild night." ~ Charles Dickens 1812-1870

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you've had a lovely get together with your family and I do understand the importance of it :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how a simple cup of coffee can make the heart feel lighter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'please stay for a cup of tea' such simple yet such lovely words to hear.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn