Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Licked

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ 7 of Wands/Spears

Twelve feudal kings pulled together to oppose Arthur and Merlin. Those kings were defeated in the ensuing civil war. The Arch of Twelve Kings was Arthur's monument to that victory.

Monuments are sort of few and far between here. The money could be better used making war in someone else's country.  But postage stamps...how many heads have we licked getting our letters home and electric bill paid?  Mini monuments, that is our style for glorification. For our 1976 bicentennial we even got quilt block stamps. There is some sense left in a world gone crazy.

"I should be a postage stamp, because that's the only way I'll ever get licked. I'm beautiful. I'm fast. I'm so mean I make medicine sick. I can't possibly be beat." ~ Muhammad Ali 1942-2016

5 comments:

  1. It is like a national recognition for your passion. Now we only need some tarot stamps :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can print US Postage stamps with anything we like here now, for a premium...

      Delete
  2. I love to watch (through reading your words) how your brain works. Your posts never cease to surprise me, make me curious or inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain Works? oh pashaw, go on with you, flatterer.

      Delete
  3. No I think Bev is right. You have a quirkee sense to you that I find intriguing most of the time, puzzled at others, enjoyable all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn