Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Obsessed With Obsession

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

Unrequited love, Elaine of Astolat for Lancelot. He didn't have a clue, she pined away, was put in a small barge to float down the river to Arthur's court, allowing Lancelot and his hood to realize what was what when it was far too late.

I'm reminded by this card suffering in silence + being cruel in life or death isn't abiding love, it is obsession.

"My significant other right now is myself, which is what happens when you suffer from self-obsession." ~ Joaquin Phoenix 1974-

2 comments:

  1. I've had my share of obsessions. No fun at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must of missed Lady Elaine of Astolat in my readings. She pined away for Lancelot whilst his affections were with Guinevere. I think Arthur's Court is what modern day soap operas must be based on. Nine of Swords, nothing but sorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn