Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

Plain As Air

Daily Draw: Minchiate Etruria Tarot ~ Air

In our big human brains, we can see problems where there are none, and be blind to problems right in front of our face.

I'm reminded by this card our mind co-ops in this seeing game, compensating right up to the time the tag team shouts in our ear, "how could you not see that?". I've lost my close depth perception and have apparently been dithering at curbs, stairs, getting out of vehicles for some time. A few weeks ago Rob said "curb" as I approached one. Mind and eyes suddenly accepted the difficulty, and I'm adapting. How could I have not seen?

"Co-opted convictions will always betray you." ~ Charles M. Blow 1970-

4 comments:

  1. What challenges confront you. When my neck was broken in the tornado I wore that halo and there was no seeing down. Then with the screws in my neck I still have challenges with seeing down and depth perception. I/you/we adapt. The human spirit and body make modifications and we go one. Go forth Sharyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, for your watch word of this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me of how Keith and I compensate for each other's 'blindspots' all the time. Mostly its nice except when I'm being 'selectively blind'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me there can be a long mile between talk and action.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn