Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Shrieking While Dancing

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ 3 of Cups/Soul

Wow. Dancing on the outside, shrieking on the inside. How many millions of us are there?

I'm reminded by this card I have a new doctor and a new to me medicine. I'm feeling better than I have in years, in part because for the first time in my life I'm not dealing with insomnia. Amazing concept. The side effect? Deeply unpleasant dreams. Is it worth it? Jury is still out.

"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps, to be locked in." ~ Virginia Woolf quotes  1882-1941

4 comments:

  1. I hope for you this sides effect will be temporary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gal in the card looks like she is trapped in a unpleasant dream. My wish is the same as Ellen's; may the side effects be temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See how you get on with that one but if side effects continue try another medication. I've had medication for insomnia for seven years now (the medication is actually intended for something else which I don't have but it works for me). 200mg gets me off to sleep and if I wake up in the small hours I take another 25mg and wake up at 7am without feeling groggy. I have fewer dreams than previously but the ratio of bad to good is no different then when I slept naturally. One bad dream a month I can handle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melatonin has that effect on me. Helps me sleep but sure produces some bizarre dreams.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn