Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Unfathomable Tangets

Daily Draw: Minchiate Etruria Tarot ~ 4 of Coins

Self sabotage. We aren't living in a refugee camp. We aren't huddled in front of a bombed out home. Yet many times in a very blessed life, living the myth of the American dream I've unthinkingly shot myself in the foot, ignored the elephant in the room, gone off on unfathomable tangents, and wasted way too much money.

I'm reminded by this card I have and do read what I pull out for examination here... I know I often blame a lack of education, or lack of mentor for my short comings. Ridiculous. What is the first thing parents say to children of reasoning age? THINK! Think a little bit before you do something, will you?  My poor folks, bless their hearts. I never did learn the lesson.

"It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society." ~  Thomas Paine 1737-1809  Age of Reason

6 comments:

  1. Choices, choices, choices. Even now when I stop and think about something I still think did I make the right choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you being a bit hard on yourself? I find it's to blame myself in hindsight but harder to stop myself in hot pursuit of a new hobby or project. Easy also to berate yourself for the odd wasteful splurge and forget the everyday frugalities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm way harder on myself than anyone else. I suspect we all are.

      Delete
  3. When I think of all the stupid things I've done before thinking them through, I have to laugh at myself. Guilt and shame never put me back on course.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn