Sunday, July 24, 2016

Buyer Remorse

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ 5 of Cups/Water

Incomplete relationships...marriage without love, one-sided friendships, buyer remorse about commitment.

I'm reminded by this card of a friend who has been married eight times, and usually in the wind by month six. Perhaps he is in love with love and has an aversion to the actual daily grunt work of of life in a pairship.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'. " ~  C.S. Lewis 1898-1963

2 comments:

  1. I never married. My high school crush taught me how fickle boys and men were/are. I knew I could not live with the same person for the next 70 years of my life and if you are not all in, why bother.
    I hope your week is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard you should marry for friendship rather than love or passion. Doesn't sound very exciting to a young person I imagine, but from the long view it makes for a better partnership.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn