Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Carry On, Carry Through

Daily Draw: Tabula Mundi Tarot ~ 5 of Wands

Pressure builds and seeks release.

I'm reminded by this card there are some serious weapons there, well within reach. Do we strike out for short term release or do we focus on seeking the relief, success, and victory of the 6 of Wands? Much depends on what we learned or didn't learn in childhood. Carry on, carry through has a learning curve some of us never even recognize.

"Passion and strife bow down the mind." ~ Virgil  70 BC-19 BC)

6 comments:

  1. I grew up hearing the litany "Don't be a quitter," which was not always good advice. But today folks seem to be at the opposite extreme - if it doesn't get better instantly, they give up and blame everyone and everything but themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to tar a whole generation in one brush, but I see it in my own generation too. the instant gratification of a crying 4 year old in a store. Fix it with something new ;)

      Delete
  2. You had a five on Sunday and now another today. A little change coming your way? Or better yet, "you gotta any fives" ~ Go Fish. Ready for a hand of cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh I've played a million hands of go fish. And kings in a corner with my cousin Margie. And simple War with my father in law. And there are those who say cards are a sin in and of themselves. I say, Go Fish idiot!

      Delete
  3. In sheer frustration I opted for short term release last week. Totally regret it now, just lost the moral upper hand. What a fool I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just human. I have a hair trigger temper I have to sit on to control some things get easier with age.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn