Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Expand and Contract

Daily Draw: Tabula Mundi Tarot ~ 2 of Coins/Discs

Ever had a pair of shoes or a shirt you wore until there weren't enough tatters left to hold them together? The Thoth two is like that. Squeeze and expand until we are forced to take action.

I'm reminded by this card of being squeezed into action. I've culled  my quilt book shelves many times over the years and I thought what I had left was the true crux of the genre. But in my go overboard manner this spring I culled again, can't read 'em can't keep 'em, right? But since that time I've had all the pulled books, maybe a hundred, stacked to the right of the computer, ready to go up on Amazon or Ebay. Except I haven't done it. I'm going to push back and put them away in the bookcase. They aren't hurting anyone...and it will make the office look like I've cleaned. Win win to me.

"Goals are a means to an end, not the ultimate purpose of our lives." ~  Anthony Robbins 1960-

4 comments:

  1. If I would sell everything I can't or won;t use anymore I could live in a mobile home :D
    Some things are telling our story in such a way you don't want to part with it (yet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those books are your quilts of comfort. Keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me books are among the hardest things to get rid of. I've had book culls only to buy the same titles again. On holiday I found a book on medieval women that I haven't read in fifteen years. Unopened as yet but I'm really pleased to have it again. You go ahead with win win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you flipped over your hourglass. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn