Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Mind Games

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

The minors in this deck are small sections of Haindl's larger works. This card is titled Defeat, in the Thoth method. The bubble is meant to signify technology, blood on mechanical hands. The Unicorn feels and sees the swords impaling it, all things ancient are also passing away.

I'm reminded by the hexagram chosen for this card oppression and exhaustion are part of life and the simplest childhood teaching is good and bad go together, in out, off on, light and dark. And what wonders must have existed over the 4.5 billion years of this spinning sphere.

"Don't sweat the small stuff... and it is all small stuff." ~ Richard Carlson 1961-2006

7 comments:

  1. What is the significance of all those broken blades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this deck was created between Haindl, his wife, and Rachel Pollack who had written a number of books that have been helpful to me over the years. I can barely read it now, but got it out because if I ever knew what they meant I don't remember now. I think the card symbols are mostly place markers.5's are broken plans and dreams, as are the swords. Does that make sense? ;)

      Delete
    2. Broken plans and dreams. Such is life. Pssh who needs all those swords...not me - not you

      Delete
  2. We inhabit this our Earth only for such a tiny fragment of her existence. Realizing this makes me humble

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's taken me three views to spot that bubble. Strange how we can be so adamant about not seeing and then the penny drops and everything is different. Technology great in so many ways but I would trade a bit less technology for more unicorns in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get this deck hunt down Rachel's companion books. This decks and their lives tells amazing life stories.

      Delete
  4. This card is definitely not meant for children's fairy-tale books!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn