Monday, July 18, 2016

Placeholder

Daily Draw: Tabula Mundi Tarot ~ Knight of Coins/Discs

Mellen sees this Knight as the one that takes problems, makes them manageable, and betters the overall purpose. And remembers better is not a static place but a temporary placeholder.

Ah, the slippery slope. As the Knight it is up to me to acknowledge my limits and adapt as necessary to live through the day. I'd be hanging over the ceramic throne or flat on my back paralyzed if I glommed my brain on France, North Korea, China, Brazil...the politicians, radicals, nutjobs, the neighbor's cattle. I've voted in every election since I was eighteen. I minimize terror input, and work on better over all in my reach. My worry box allows my Knight to stop and rest.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973

6 comments:

  1. The news reports have been talking a lot about road rage. Evidently in California they are now offering Road Rage classes. Whew! It is good that the Knight is taking a moment of contemplation.
    There are days that I know that going out my front door is fraught with danger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny old world. If we were on horses we'd have to worry about highwaymen..walking we'd have to beware of footpads. You are the bravest person I know. You go ahead and start out, and as they say in NCIS, I got your six.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fear-mongering on top of the world events sure can be conducive to paranoia if one isn't aware of the motives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is never but one motive at root. Money

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep as uttered by 'deep throat' follow the money...

    I like your one in one out approach to the worry jar. I haven't started one because of suspicion it will end up stuffed full like all my other storage. Hoarding rubbish, hoarding worries. Could be the message of the four of pents...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Money is God and it isn't a benevolent deity.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn