Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Spark of Yellow

Daily Draw: Green Witch Tarot ~ Ace of Cups

Productivity and fulfillment. Choose the best plan and run with it.

My niece asked me to make her a quilt. Hooray! Had a plan made a wad of blocks put them on the working wall. Yikes! How can this not be amazing? So I've spent a couple weeks fooling with the blocks in different settings.
Yesterday I put the original plan back up on the working wall, but removing the yellow. Holy Smokes Bullwinkle, we have lift off. Sometimes the best most successful plans just require a little simplification to get off the ground. And just a spark of yellow, not a river of it.

"Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful." ~ John Maeda 1966-   The Laws of Simplicity: Design, Technology, Business, Life

6 comments:

  1. How great to do something you love for someone you love. If we could follow through on "keep it simple," I'm sure all aspects of our lives would be simpler. Hope you'll post a pic on down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made quilts for all the kids when they were little, and as should be they are all worn out and gone. I've switched to making generous curl on the couch size quilts and have a number at the quilters getting quilted. Can't wait for them to come home. A bit like the film has been in the camera for a year, but when turned in we want it right now ;) Anyway, they are earmarked for special people.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely Ace and what a lovely gift, that you can make and share a work of art with your niece. I never watched a quilter and your description of the wad of blocks and arranging and rearranging them till they are exactly pattern/art that you want to express. Very Nice. You have magic in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, was that something you've knitted under your frog yesterday? An art I've always appreciated and never could master.

      Delete
    2. I never did pick up knitting or crochet. My Mother's mother did a lot of knitting. She actually made lots of gloves and scarves during WWII. She tried to teach me a couple of times and said my fingers were too thick and clumsy so I never tried again. I just used a green dish towel to give some background to the frogs. ha

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to read your creative enthusiasm between the lines of this post. Those sparkles fill a different river:D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn