Saturday, July 9, 2016

Transition

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ Death

Pollack writes this card isn't about being dead, but our feelings about death. I know people who won't even acknowledge it exists. Which in turn often creates a type of death of family as endless battles go forward over who gets great-grandfather's pocket knife.

I'm reminded by this card we fall at the opposite end of the spectrum. It is such a sense of peace to have wills in place, beneficiaries on all accounts, plots and stones paid for and in place. And to know death is the end. I love my life, but I've walked hand in hand with death enough times, when it comes I'm fine with that too.

"Life is pleasant.
Death is peaceful.
It's the transition that's troublesome." ~ Isaac Asimov 1920-1992

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought Death to be peaceful until I witnessed my father die. Sometimes Death a the greatest gift of Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a real shame that the ones behind pick through the life of the one that has moved on, I wonder if they stop and think about who will pick through their remains. I had the NDE and am good when ever my time to leave comes. It is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic quote. I agree, I'd rather have my eyes wide open rather than my head stuck in the sand.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn